Univest Grand Prix 2002

Univest Grand Prix 2002
Recieving Univest Grand Prix 2002 Best local Rider award

VeloViewer Strava signature image

Strava Latest Rides

Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Seaford Road Race and Leaving for Belgium

My Passport arrived back from the Belgian embassy, and I have bought my plane ticket. I am leaving April 17th and my return ticket is for October 7th. It will be a long trip but I believe it will pass quickly. I am not planning on visiting home unless my friend Buck Miller contacts me and his team might let me race a few races with them. I am hoping for visitors coming to Belgium like friends from home and college. This past weekend I raced in Seaford Delaware for a two-day race weekend. The first race was a 50-mile circuit race and the second race was a 100-mile road race. I rode with my old team Lite Bites and we rode to set up our sprinter Mark Light. He was able to sprint for fourth place. The second day in the road race I attacked 20 miles in and created a large break that rode away to the finish. I had a teammate Steve Speaks in the break that I was working for but he unfortunately flatted and was not able to catch back up. The Snow Valley team had five riders in the break and they controlled the finishing laps. I was pleased with my 11th place finish; however, my Lite Bites team was not so happy feeling that they had some bad luck. I feel I am rolling strong and the Seaford race was a good test for my fitness before I head over to Belgium. On Friday my Mom threw a going away party for me and invited all the people that have supported, helped, and believed in me. It was an amazing party and I would like to thank everyone who came. I am really inspired and can’t wait to represent my country and Reading while traveling the world.

No comments: