Univest Grand Prix 2002

Univest Grand Prix 2002
Recieving Univest Grand Prix 2002 Best local Rider award

VeloViewer Strava signature image

Strava Latest Rides

Friday, April 18, 2003

Friends in Gent, Belgium

I have arrived in Gent again and the place is still wonderful. I have arrived on another beautiful day. I arrived in Gent at about 10:40 am Gent time. I was able to rest well while on the plane allowing for a full day. Brian picked me up and took me back to his place. Miska and Brian have a new place that is very nice and it seems they are doing well. Brian and I then rode to the centrum to have some lunch with Miska and enjoy the beautiful day with the rest of the people of Gent. We spent the afternoon cruising from place to place eating some food I had not tasted in a while. The waffles were still great and so was the Duvel. Brenden Higgens met us in town and we talked about old times and swapped some good stories during the afternoon. Miska and Brian then had me back to the apartment for dinner where Brian shared more tricks of the trade. Then my new roommates arrived to meet me and take me back. Ruben and Rein a younger couple that know Brain and Miska through Miska’s work. They have a beautiful place on the north side of town that they just moved into at the beginning of the year. They have really renovated the house over the past three years bringing the 1890’s house up to modern standards and beyond. I think I am going to enjoy this up coming season.

No comments: