Univest Grand Prix 2002

Univest Grand Prix 2002
Recieving Univest Grand Prix 2002 Best local Rider award

VeloViewer Strava signature image

Strava Latest Rides

Thursday, April 17, 2003

Leavin America

Here I am about to embark on my cycling journey, a wander through the unknown in a quest to see how far I can go with cycling, a little money and some connections. I am here in the Philadelphia airport waiting for my plane to Chicago to arrive. The airport security has really increased since I last flew out of an American airport. I had to take my check in baggage to an e-ray machine where they checked it over. They were of course confused by my bike bag and wondered why anyone would travel with a bike let alone ride one. I think I am prepared for this trip or at least a little more prepared than last ears trip where I only had two days planned. It will be different traveling without Ryan. We complement each other well filling in voids for each other and keeping each other focused on our goal while still having fun. I hope Ryan is successful while I am in Europe it would be nice to come home to someone to ride with. I would also have stayed home if I had a setup like Ryan. His new house and business will be good and hopefully a positive influence. I also hope he visits me for a couple weeks so we can jam a little in Europe now that we are sort of comfortable there. We both can make it to the pro ranks we just need some breaks I think they will happen for the both of us and hopefully someday end up on the same team and fly on the bikes. Like Brian Salore said, “Here’s two of a kind that beats any royal flush.

No comments: