Univest Grand Prix 2002

Univest Grand Prix 2002
Recieving Univest Grand Prix 2002 Best local Rider award

VeloViewer Strava signature image

Strava Latest Rides

Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Crushed by John Saey

I have started settling in and I really like where I live and I hope nothing goes wrong with the situation because they are supper nice and I think it could really work out. I raced my first race and Belgium is as tough as I remember. The kermesse here in Gent are supper tough. With Mario Willems and Patrick Conquerc both on the John Saey team controlling every one and crushing us with some fierce attacks. I tried some weak attaches and both times they were counted by Mario and then Patrick and I ended up Bonking at the end of the race I forgot how much you have to eat here in Belgium because you are racing for a solid 3 hours at almost top speed. The weather here has been unbelievable and I hope it stays like this so I can get some good training and resting in and I hope I start going really well. I hope I hope.

No comments: