Univest Grand Prix 2002

Univest Grand Prix 2002
Recieving Univest Grand Prix 2002 Best local Rider award

VeloViewer Strava signature image

Strava Latest Rides

Saturday, September 6, 2003

Team Snow Valley Visits Belgium

I have two friends visiting from the States for the next week. They are both members of the Snow Valley armature team based out of Maryland. The first to arrive here in Belgium was Adam Steelman, he is 18 and resides in Manassas Virginia. His training area in Northern Virginia is where I first found my love of road biking. Finding junior races here for him has been a little challenging but hopefully he will benefit from the experience. My second guest Is Scott Zwizanski, hi is 26 and resides in West Chester Pennsylvania. I know Scott from my college racing days. He attended West Virginia University. I am enjoying exposing them to Belgian culture and racing.
My last race was a stage race in South East Flanders. The race was very challenging. The first day I felt strong and finished in the main pack in the morning road race that went over 6 major burgs. The afternoon time trial went well also. This time I chose not to use a one of my team’s time trial bikes. No need for a mechanical with a bike I am not used to. I felt strong on my road bike and was pleased because I caught the rider that started one minute in front of me. The second day of racing did not go so well. It was an intense race that went up a burg almost every 6 km. With the rainy weather my nerves were not daring enough to risk another crash and I soon found myself at the back because I was using my brakes too much.

No comments: