Univest Grand Prix 2002

Univest Grand Prix 2002
Recieving Univest Grand Prix 2002 Best local Rider award

VeloViewer Strava signature image

Strava Latest Rides

Thursday, July 31, 2003

Miss Belgium

Today I started my first kermesse in a few weeks. A Miss Belgian finalist was there handing out our start numbers. With 150 starters at the race I felt pretty strong. When the main break rolled up the road without me I decided to bridge across. I couldn’t believe the small group I was with made it across. My head has not been in the racing game lately; I have been distracted by other problem and a little fear of getting crushed by the tough Belgian racers. I quit the race at the 2-hour mark. With only 30 minutes left in the race I am sure I will be finishing soon.
Today I went to see a chiropractor about a popping hip I have been ignoring since December. I believe he will be able to fix it with the information he gave me and the quick back straitening felt good since my back gets quite compacted from the rough Belgian roads.
I would also like to thanks Ruben, Rein and Rein’s family for being so supportive of me here in Belgium. I would also like to thank all my friends for helping me get through a troubled time.

No comments: