Univest Grand Prix 2002

Univest Grand Prix 2002
Recieving Univest Grand Prix 2002 Best local Rider award

VeloViewer Strava signature image

Strava Latest Rides

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Pickle and I Visit Wild Bill in Amsterdam

The new season starts now. I have just returned form a short trip to Amsterdam. I traveled up to Amsterdam to visit my friend Wild Bill and show another friend Dan the sights. I feel the trip was very relaxing mentally because I started my racing season last year with a plane flight to Amsterdam and a train ride to Gent. I just hope the rest of the season here can be successful as last year and the small reenactment of last year season start may help me get past the mental block that has formed from the injury and lack of racing.
Dan is a friend from Reading; I helped him find a place to stay here in Gent so he could try the European racing scene for three weeks. He is enjoying his time here. I have tried to ride him to some of the famous sights around Gent. It is really good to see people from home.
Racing and training is tough when you are alone. My long time girlfriend Kathryn Ruscio has finally broken away from me. We have been fading apart since I started this crazy cycling adventure in the spring of 2001. It is tough to be training hard and preparing like normal when everything is not. Kathryn was very special to me but our paths in life did not go the same way. I am glad she has the strength to be on her own; I just wish I were so strong. Good luck Kathryn be safe and travel wisely.

No comments: