Univest Grand Prix 2002

Univest Grand Prix 2002
Recieving Univest Grand Prix 2002 Best local Rider award

VeloViewer Strava signature image

Strava Latest Rides

Saturday, August 16, 2003

Euro Heat Wave

I have crashed again, on Friday in a 1.6 UCI race Antwerp Tielen. It was a silly crash; a few riders got their bikes stuck together and fell over. It was the kind of crash I have gone around many times. I tapped my breaks and swerved around the fallen riders, unfortunately one of the bikes flew up and hit me in the side knocking me over. I landed on my right side where I had broken my collarbone. Luckily I landed safely and only received some scrapes and bruises but I didn’t feel like chasing down the 60-km/hr pack so my race was over.
I have been having a tough time sleeping during the heat wave here. I have to wait until late at night when it has cooled off and I am not sweating so much to fall asleep. It is not so bad to fall asleep at that time because I get to fall asleep to the sweet smell of baking bread thanks to the two bakeries on my street.

No comments: