Univest Grand Prix 2002

Univest Grand Prix 2002
Recieving Univest Grand Prix 2002 Best local Rider award

VeloViewer Strava signature image

Strava Latest Rides

Monday, July 14, 2008

Third race of the year

Finished my first race in Belgium, it was a kermesse in Sinaai, Belgium. I was nervous at the start. After three of 14, 8km laps I bridged a couple gaps after the tail wind cobbled section. As I caught the leaders, I kept on driving into the head wind. Only one followed and we dug in, seven more bridged up, and the rotations began. Three of the guys could really drive it at parts. I felt supper but with four 8km laps to go I got the bonk and was dropped form the group with Two laps to go. We had put so much time on the rest of the race the officials had finished them a few laps early. Therefore, I crept around for another lap and the officials felt bad for me and let me finish a lap early. Matt finished with the main pack on lap nine. On the ride home, Dan drilled it into the headwind.

No comments: